Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 9--Saturday, July 21, 2012
9:00 AM class

Today's class was crowded!  There were a lot of new folks and lots of regulars too.  I counted 38 mats plus one instructor--39 people in the room.  It was mat to mat yoga community!  Sometimes I like it crowded, though.  It is somehow more fun with so many people.  At times, though, when I am having a hard day, I don't like it crowded.  It's too much to deal with on top of yoga being hard.  But today was a good, fun, relatively easy class, and all the jostling and moving around each other did not bother me in the least.

For some reason, lately I have been having problems with my balance in the second part of Awkward, when you are supposed to go up on your toes like a ballerina.  I keep falling off my toes.  I think it is because recently I was corrected in the posture because I was going down too far ('cause it is EASIER when you sit low!) and getting my hips below my knees' height.  I am now trying to balance higher, which I think is throwing me off.

Last night as I was lying in bed, I kind of adjusted my hips and POP!  Something really opened up in my low back/hips.  It felt awesome.  I just keep waiting for the day when my whole spine goes pop pop pop and just opens into place.  It just feel like if I keep up the yoga, one day that will happen.  Maybe not as dramatically as I envision it, but I know that things are getting realigned in there.  It just feels better and better each day.

I've been really into smoothies after class lately.  Today I had a coffee-yogurt-flax seed-vanilla-salt-frozen banana-ice-ghiradelli unsweet chocolate mixture in the yard.  Ahh summer!!

Only 92 more classes to go!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment