Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 2--Saturday, July 14

I got to the studio nice n' early and set up in my favorite spot.  I like to be near the door and in the front row.  It's not because I like having other yogis looking at me during class;  it's because I can't balance without looking myself directly in the eyes.  

Even so, my balance was off today.  It was off yesterday as well.  I feel like I am still having re-entry bumps.  My left side is always harder to balance on, but today it was nigh-well impossible.  Especially during Standing Bow Pulling.  I fell out like literally five times during the first set on the left leg.  I was bummed, too, because I could feel this tendon in the back of my neck just begging me to hold the posture and stretch it out.  It was twinging and tingling whenever I managed to hold the posture for a few seconds. 

The studio owner said to me before I left for Georgia that sometimes when we take a break, and then we come back, our bodies surprise us and they have somehow "assimilated" the changes and they work in a different way.  I found a couple of postures much easier than I ever did before.  I got my forehead to touch the floor for the first time ever in Standing Separate Leg Stretching!  And in Rabbit, I was really able to feel much, much more of my spine stretching.  

One thing that I am noticing is that I am breathing really heavy during certain sequences of postures.  I always got out of breath during Balancing Stick, of course, and in the spine strengthening series.  But today I felt my heart racing during Triangle, Rabbit, and the savasanas seemed soooooo short!  I wonder if maybe I am getting stronger and therefore working more of my muscles during postures that I used to think were easy only because I was not deep enough into them.

Another not-so-easy class...but I tell myself that the harder it is, the more work it is doing in my body.  I have to hang onto that or I will give up!  And it is only 2 days into this challenge.  And I am NOT GIVING UP...at least not yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment