Day 8--Friday, July 20 7 AM class
I had never taken class at 7 AM before today. I took a 5:30 AM class once, right at the end of the school year, because we had the twice-a-year hell schedule for parent-teacher conferences: 8 AM to 8 PM. So I could NOT make it to any classes at my normal studio, and I went to a 5:30 AM at the studio close to my house. But today I tried the 7 AM at my normal studio. There were about 10 people in class. It felt really mellow.
In the early morning classes, I feel like I have more concentration and less flexibility. Having so few people in the room really helps my concentration too. No shuffling mats and positioning yourself around others' bodies. Just tons of empty space around your reflection in the mirror.
I continue to be OK with the spine strengthening series. This is weird to me. It's always been the worst part of class for me, so I am glad that it feels easier these days. Of course, that s probably because I gained some strength in my spine...and I am sure that next time my spine goes through a strengthening spurt, the series will get difficult again. It seems that is how this yoga works--different parts of the series float in and out of "most hated" status, depending on what is going on inside my body.
It was nice to get home and have the rest of the day to enjoy without the logistics of getting to class.
Only 94 more classes to go! Ha ha!
I continue to be OK with the spine strengthening series. This is weird to me. It's always been the worst part of class for me, so I am glad that it feels easier these days. Of course, that s probably because I gained some strength in my spine...and I am sure that next time my spine goes through a strengthening spurt, the series will get difficult again. It seems that is how this yoga works--different parts of the series float in and out of "most hated" status, depending on what is going on inside my body.
It was nice to get home and have the rest of the day to enjoy without the logistics of getting to class.
Only 94 more classes to go! Ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment