Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 10--Sunday, July 22  4:30 PM class
Day 11--Monday, July 23  9:00 AM class

Once again, I skipped a blogging day but not a yoga day.  Yesterday I meant to get to the 9 AM class, but I woke up at 9:10 AM and the class was already 10 minutes underway.  So, I happily rolled back over and spent some more quality time with my sheets, knowing that I would have to make it to the only other class at the studio, at 4:30 PM.  I don't really like doing a PM class and turning around the next morning and going right back.  It's kind of my version of a "double".  Honestly, I am scared shirtless at the prospect of doing a real double, so I hope I never have to skip a day during this challenge and do a real double.  PM and then AM is hard enough!

Sunday's 4:30 class was less crowded than the Saturday morning 9 AM class.  But it was still a bigger group than I have gotten used to in the 9 AM weekday classes.  I got there super-early to nab "my" spot.  One of these days I will need to wean myself off that spot, but for now I am very happy there.  

I much prefer to practice in the morning, because if I know all day that I have an afternoon class, I have to pay closer attention to my eating and water drinking patterns than I really want to all day long.  Not that I usually spend all day eating Ho-Hos and drinking Pabst...though that does sound kinda good right now.  I just like to stop eating like 4 or 5 hours before class, so for a 4:30 class that means--egad!--no lunch after 11:30 or so.  Kinda puts a crimp in yer sunny-Sunday-afternoon socializin' if you know what I mean.

Sunday was a nice class, regardless of all that.  It felt short and sweet and easy.  No "get me out of here" moments...or at least not memorable ones.  Balance was OK, breathing normal, throat choked.  Then I came home and ate lamb shanks with husband and parents-in-law.  And drank some red wine.  Yum.  Then we watched the latest episode of Breaking Bad.  How I missed it.  I chugged some water and went to bed, knowing that I had a 9 AM class today.


This morning was another good, strong class.  It felt cooler.  It is SO WEIRD to me that the actual temp in the room is pretty much constant, but the perceived temp in my mind seems to vary by about 60 degrees.  One day it feels like it must be at least 140 degrees, then the next day I would swear it's only around a nice pleasant 80.  I wonder what it is.  Hydration?  Mental attitude?  What?  What can it beee?

In posture-related news, I am currently working on being able to lock my knee more in almost all the postures, and that is adding a lot more challenge to them.  It is weird how at the very beginning of June when I started this yoga practice, I thought some of the postures were "not too hard" and now I see the challenge in them.  I guess you need to settle into them and then start pushing yourself to see where the real challenges are.  For instance, Rabbit pose used to be like a mini-vacation to me.  I mean, really, look down, put your head on your towel, pull on your heels...easy, right?  But now I am fine-tuning some stuff like really trying to keep my chin tucked, my shoulders lifted, and really puuuulling on my heels.  That makes it a much harder posture.  And then there is Standing Forehead to Knee.  The first few classes, I swear, I easily kicked out and put my forehead on my knee.  But BOTH of my legs were unlocked, because I did not know what that felt like.  Now I am just working on locking my standing knee, and holding my other foot.  I have learned that I cannot truly lock my standing knee for longer than about 30 seconds on the right and 15 seconds on the left.  And that is on a GOOD day.  :)

After class, I met with my business partner and had some very tasty granola.  Post-yoga food is the best.  

Only 90 days to go!  I hear that the first 30 days are all about strength and getting used to the routine.  Then the second 30 days are all about emotions being released.  Uh, can't wait for that one.  I have yet to cry in a posture...but maybe I will be in for it in late August.  Then the last 41 days are supposed to really be about building a new body.  Well, that sounds nice.  I'll take..this one.
Google "Megan Fox abs" and this is what you get.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment