Day 23--Saturday, August 4 11 AM Community Class
I took my daughter to class with me today for the monthly community class. She is 14 and her back has been hurting her for a few days, so I lured her into class with assurances that it would feel better after class. I am not sure if it does or not. She said it doesn't, but I was watching her in class and she was able to do more situps as class went on. So, I think she did feel some loosening in there.
It was so much fun bringing her to class! It felt like I had a teddy bear with me. It took my attention off how miserable I was (no more miserable than usual, but you know...it's ALWAYS somewhat miserable in Bikram yoga classes, even on the best of days) and gave me someone to focus on sending positive energy to.
Having my daughter there did make me get out of my "migrating across the room" project for one day. And if I can convince her to come back tomorrow, I will not continue tomorrow, either. We set up in the back corner, near the door, where I thought it would be cooler but not right up in front.
Is it just me, or did the teacher open the door and window more than usual because it was a community class? Or was he just opening it up because it is in the 90s outside and he could save on heat? :)
Tomorrow is forecasted to be the hottest day of the year so far in Portland (not saying much...we have been untouched by the record-breaking weather this summer--knock on wood) so I am going to the 9 AM class before it gets godawful. We don't have AC so I do not want to come home from hot yoga to my warm house at 6 PM if I were to go to the 4:30 class.
Only 78 more days to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment